Photography : Metaled = immortal picture for ur family ;)

Show off your projects, ask about others, talk about mine, whatever. Ask for help, or just say, Wooo, thats cool.

Photography : Metaled = immortal picture for ur family ;)

Postby dante » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi ^ ^ I did some experiments.. and after few days of thinking and working I can reveal to U my new method of printing photography, I dont have a laser powered stuff like Jaimie ;p

Ok, lets solve it somehow :

how does it look like and what is it for?
- looks like old type dagerrotype negatives, but they are made reversed and also diffrent easiest method
- they can be stored for Ages, they will not went blank or disolour, they cant be burned or rust or even eaten by microlittlletinybacteriasorSwarmsWhatever, and after hundreads of years u can use some lemon with salt to make it shine again ^_^ yay now after apocalypse aliens can found ur photos burried into the ground and after thousend of years they will be store it in their museums, so be proud xD hahah

u can do a lot of things with this method.. for example u can copy from it a milions of copyies inside ur darkroom on photopaper,
i didnt checked what will happen if putted to microwave, but propably it is some kind of method too... take a look :
I found that there are two types of it, negative and positive ones.. the positive need light backlighted to show real image, the negative ned black paint from background XD i like negatives more.. they are so shiny.. XD

1 what is needed :
laser printer, normal paper or glossy paper, or whatever that u can print of - clean,
metal plate for electronic devices - and acid that u can also find with those in electric store radioshcacks etc, this acid is not strong but be carefull anyway stawy away from eyes and open wounds.. u will need iron, and some water.. oh and sand paper, hm maybe some black paint and varnish..

How to make one :
Print a negative high contrasted, but not too much, photo reversed horizontally, on the paper
- cut it out with scissors
- take a metal plate and clean it
- put paper with image down looking at a metal plate so it can stick together
- use iron to melt dark powder that is on paper to the metal plate, use power
- take a little look form time to time by pilling smoothly piece of paper to see if details are melted or still not,
- if ready, put hot metal plate to cold water, now pill of the paper using water and piece of somthing for example socks
- now when all ALLLL paper is gone u can see nice dark powder sticked to metal nicely
- now get ready acid, put it to the bottle and sink down in hot water after one hour it whould be hot enought
- take acid out from bath in closed bottle or something
- fill some plastic stuff with acid and put metal plate inside
- do some moves from time to time to make oxygenise process faster
- beware when shiny parts will disapear - so u see surface uner it take off plate and save acid for later.
- wash metal plate and hands
- wash everytihng
- now take sand paper and nice and slow do a single direcition moves remmember to use sand paper that is not too big, its not a wall it is a metal u need sand paper with that micro sand u cannt see single grain
- now when all dark areas are gone u can enjoy nice metal ^_^
- u can secure it with some varnish,
- u can add a black paint as background from side where is no metal

Done !

if u wonna know more i will from time to time update my blog section about this in here :
http://whitekira.blogspot.com/search/label/ID%20method
dante

Re: Photography : Metaled = immortal picture for ur family ;

Postby Willzilla » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:03 am

I didnt know you could do this with metal! Ive been ironing printing on paper onto wood which is really easy and has a good effect. The wood just has to be sanded very smooth and wiped so its clean after. Right now im making small pokemon badges from in the game... Shuddup they are cool! I messed up alot of the first ones though because I didnt have enough paper to hold onto or tape down.
Willzilla

Postby dante » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Oh, that's a good point, I didnt tried to put this on wood just by ironing XD I was using a light-sensitive emulsion on it to get images xD
Looks like I am always taking longest way xD
I woked up this morning too late- and some of mine images got burned out in acid but this is what i rescued :
I am so lazy sometimes, ehh
ps.
I did reasearch in wikipedia, and readed every method of image printing, still I doesn't found my method XD
.. but I am sure I am not only one with brain here, so propably somebody did this before.. heh., i don't know. It doesn't matter at all, seriously :ugeek:
dante

Postby OblivionBuster » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:06 pm

thank you for sharing, I like it
They come in seven different colors. And you can add decorative beads and glitter. Make your unique own Ultra-Mega-Braid.
OblivionBuster

Return to Talk about projects.