?need linear laser?it is easy to build one

Show off your projects, ask about others, talk about mine, whatever. Ask for help, or just say, Wooo, thats cool.

?need linear laser?it is easy to build one

Postby dante » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:41 am

Hi its me -again- today i present U a linear laser, well I am using it for photography, but maybe someone else need it for .. i dont know .. maybe building? painting? i am sure a lot of thing can be done with one of those.. in photography u can paint with it like this:
How it is done?Image
Well i used a laser from some toy-pointer-laser-thing, I was so lucky that was with circuit (better power manager and sronger light when need less power) I powered it with 4xAA and its good enough. The switch? came from old cdRom, rest part founded on trash XD
I also added some other little part to make it cooler ;p and to build a skelet-body and for not use too much hot glue. I did at all but not much as i wouldnt use those parts.. XD
hm now when the fog will came I would have preety much fun XD.. I can imagine that laser wall shielding xD.. that must look cooool

I didnt painted it well, so its not finished, oh i am tired .. oh I a so happy to made it xD
Well i am not so saint i got inspired that kind of shape of it from dead space(game)hahaha

Oh I alomst forgot, I did a loooot of testing and in order to thin a laser into a line u need a disortion glass.
I used ones founded in reflector shields, but u can use the thinner glass tube u can find, thinner it will be thinner laser line will be .
If u are pro - u can even made one just by using a mirror coil(u can find ones in back of lcd etc.) just point a laser at it and bend it about 37degrees test it ; )

Oh and one more thing, u can add another layer of disortion in the same line but rotated 45 degrees, the light power will drop about 40% ;/ but u will get a CUBE ! dont ask me why i just tested that u can made kick cube when rotating the front disortion thing.

to avid yey damadge wear green glasses, i dont have ones but i was carefull ;)
Ps
oryginally i was going to rotate this line about 360degrees with mirror glued to motor, but i was too lazy ;P
and in the end i thought that the simpliest machines works longer.
cheers.
For Science ^ _^

oh like always more and bigger images can be found on my blog http://whitekira.blogspot.com/2011/08/h ... inear.html

Edit : just painted it ;)

and added alittle metal look like :
dante

Return to Talk about projects.