WOW! Robot Cubeletes!

Post things in here about things you've used, and have good, bad or whatever experience with.
In the title, include, The item, and a general rating
For example...
Title: Fiskars Axe. Greatest axe in the universe!
Description: Cost me 40$, and its amazing!...BLAH BLAH BLAH..a replacement right away."
Then people can discuss below...

WOW! Robot Cubeletes!

Postby Pat » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:15 am

Check out this video for awesome, fun and easy robot construction!

http://vimeo.com/19712586
Pat

Re: WOW! Robot Cubeletes!

Postby corrado33 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 pm

You know, I initially thought this was spam, and it's kinda not in the spirit of this site, but these things sure are cool. But they're SO easy that you'd get bored with them after a couple of hours.

That some pretty sophisticated programming though.
corrado33

Postby sjvsworldtour » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 pm

I love the concept of these. The modular design is awesome and the idea of plugging together modules with multiple processors working together is awesome.
sjvsworldtour

Postby corrado33 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:47 am

sjvsworldtour wrote:I love the concept of these. The modular design is awesome and the idea of plugging together modules with multiple processors working together is awesome.

I agree, and I appreciate the effort that went in to making these, but I still prefer to do it myself. :P At 300 bucks for 20 blocks though.... If I had young kids interested in electronics I might think about buying them.

The thing that bugs me though is that they have separate blocks for "inverse, max, min, etc etc" when you know in reality these are the exact same block with slightly different programming. It'd be cooler if there was a switch on one "think" block that made it decide what to do. (Cheaper that way too).
corrado33

Return to Tool/equipment/material/parts recommendations