Three small Rosewill power invertors @ NewEgg

Post things in here about things you've used, and have good, bad or whatever experience with.
In the title, include, The item, and a general rating
For example...
Title: Fiskars Axe. Greatest axe in the universe!
Description: Cost me 40$, and its amazing!...BLAH BLAH BLAH..a replacement right away."
Then people can discuss below...

Three small Rosewill power invertors @ NewEgg

Postby mcaK » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:10 am

Rated from 150 watts to 400 watts, price ranging from about 20 to 23 dollars including shipping.

<http://www.newegg.com/Store/BrandSubCategory.aspx?Brand=2177&SubCategory=384&name=Rosewill-Car-Accessories&Order=PRICE>

This link should return them as the top three results.
mcaK

Re: Three small Rosewill power invertors @ NewEgg

Postby LithiumFlame » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Link doesn't work correctly for me.

Heres one thing about the cheap power inverters... They often have cheaper components and poor filtering. The modified sine wave is not too healthy for PC's and motors run hotter. If there is anything important that is going to be plugged into the end of a inverter, find something with a PURE sine wave.
LithiumFlame

Postby corrado33 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Very true. Aren't they just EVER SO SLIGHTLY modified square waves? I remember reading something somewhere about something that didn't like square waves. I forget what it was though. Might have actually been a computer PSU as you said.
corrado33

Postby sjvsworldtour » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:52 am

I would think most computers would be okay with square waves since the voltage is converted to DC anyways, but I could be wrong. If there was a problem, it would just mean changing the computer power supply.
sjvsworldtour

Postby mcaK » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:56 am

Hmm, don't know about the problem with the link, I copied & pasted, the page loaded fine. I also see that as is usual, the sale price was short lived on NewEgg.

On the quality of the units, yeah - caution is a good idea. I haven't used thes particular units myself but they seemed to have good overall satisfaction ratings. I've used similar (I believe) units for years with no ill effects on my laptops & pc's. (Wally World & auto supply stores.)
mcaK

Postby MK500 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:05 am

I bought one of these Rosewills a few months ago. The 400 watt one I believe. I saw it on sale and figured it would be useful eventually. Unfortunately I can't give you a review because I havent tested it yet :oops: I hope it's not crap.
MK500

Postby Hanny » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:16 am

I agree with your posting
Hanny

Postby nighatwasim88 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:24 am

sjvsworldtour wrote:I would think most computers would be okay with square waves since the voltage is converted to DC anyways, but I could be wrong. If there was a problem, it would just mean changing the computer power supply.

hmmm this is trully very much informative dud thanks for sharing. :geek:
nighatwasim88

Return to Tool/equipment/material/parts recommendations