21 Piece Drill bit set on sale at sears! 6-28 until???

Post things in here about things you've used, and have good, bad or whatever experience with.
In the title, include, The item, and a general rating
For example...
Title: Fiskars Axe. Greatest axe in the universe!
Description: Cost me 40$, and its amazing!...BLAH BLAH BLAH..a replacement right away."
Then people can discuss below...

21 Piece Drill bit set on sale at sears! 6-28 until???

Postby corrado33 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey guys, I was just at Sears yesterday and bought this 21 Piece drill bit set for 15 bucks. Considering the bits are 2-3 bucks a piece alone I'd say it was a good deal. I can't comment on how they perform but still, it was a good deal..

Comes in a cool metal red case too.

EDIT: It says that type of bit is good for anything up to "soft metal", which I assume is aluminum. I'm guessing they wouldn't fare well with steel.
corrado33

Re: 21 Piece Drill bit set on sale at sears! 6-28 until???

Postby Scodiddly » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:23 am

I gave up on sets a while back - I replace dead bits with single ones from the hardware store, which are at least a couple bucks each. But the quality seems much higher on those bits, even if they're just High Speed Steel instead of some fancy cobalt-infused miracle alloy.
Scodiddly

Postby corrado33 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:15 am

Scodiddly wrote:I gave up on sets a while back - I replace dead bits with single ones from the hardware store, which are at least a couple bucks each. But the quality seems much higher on those bits, even if they're just High Speed Steel instead of some fancy cobalt-infused miracle alloy.

Fair enough, just thought I'd inform. :D
corrado33

Postby Scodiddly » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:20 pm

corrado33 wrote:
Scodiddly wrote:I gave up on sets a while back - I replace dead bits with single ones from the hardware store, which are at least a couple bucks each. But the quality seems much higher on those bits, even if they're just High Speed Steel instead of some fancy cobalt-infused miracle alloy.

Fair enough, just thought I'd inform. :D

Everybody needs a drill index. ;)
Scodiddly

Return to Tool/equipment/material/parts recommendations